CopyDisable

Friday 12 August 2011

Disk space error when installing RHEL 4


While installing RHEL 4 I was getting ?An error occurred transferring the install image to your hard drive.
You are probably out of disk space?
error. But in my hard disk I have
enough space for installation. So I was sure that this problem is not due to
shortage of disk space.
I searched for this problem and found some solution:
1.   
When starting the installer enter the command:
linux allowcddma

2.   
If the above command doesn?t work use the
following command:
linux mem=128M
If 128M doesn’t work, try smaller numbers.

3.  
Sometimes this problem comes due to defective
CDs. Do media checking at the time of installation.


In my case linux allowcddma worked for me.

জয় আই অসম,
প্রণব শর্মা

No comments:

Post a Comment